Looking for a quick, easy meal that doesn’t taste quick and easy?
Look no further than this effortless stirfry that is full of flavour and only requires throwing a few ingredients in a pan and letting the seasoning do the work for you.
It’s a great way to use up any leftover vegetables, tofu or Quorn that you may have- I’ve found that there is very little that doesn’t work in this stirfry.
And if you use frozen veg as I do, it’s even easier!
Great for weekdays when you want a delicious meal in no time at all.
- 1/2 pint of rice
- Oil for frying
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Quorn chicken pieces or tofu
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Pinch of 7spice
- Any leftover vegetables
- Set rice to cook according to packet instructions. I use brown rice and it usually takes about 20 mins to cook.
- Add oil, ginger, garlic and lemon juice to a frying pan and heat until fragrant.
- Add quorn chicken piece and fry until golden brown and cooked with a pinch of 7spice. (OR skip the pieces or tofu and just make it with vegetables.)
- Combine sesame seed oil, soy sauce, brown sugar and a bit more garlic in a bowl then add to frying pan.
- Cook and stir for a further 1 minute.
- Then add whatever veg you are using- I used onions, carrots, pepper, peas, sweetcorn and green beans- and fry until soft.
- Drain rice and serve.