Tastes like chicken!
A flavourful, savoury pie with a crusty topping.
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp garlic
Ch*cken (I used a 280g bag of the Oumph! Thyme and Garlic Soya Chunks)
Vegetables (I like peas, sweetcorn, carrots and green beans)
1 tsp Season All
1 tbsp plain flour
200ml oat milk
300ml veg stock
1 tsp dijon mustard
Salt and Pepper
200g Plain Flour
- Begin by making the pastry by rubbing the butter and flour together in between your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. I used regular Vitalite butter and it worked fine, however, you may need to add more flour until it becomes dry enough for breadcrumbs.
- Then add enough water to bring it together into a dough. Knead it a little before putting into the fridge to chill.
- Start making the filling: Melt the butter and garlic in a large pan and cook the chicken. Then add the veg with the season all.
- Mix the flour with a little of the milk to make a paste and mix into the pan.
- Add the rest of the milk and the stock.
- Finally, add the chopped mushrooms and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a gentle boil until sauce has thickened and mushrooms are softened.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Roll out the pastry with a little flour.
- Pour filling into a pie dish and lay the pastry over the top, folding over the edges and brushing a little more milk over the top.
- Cook for 15-20mins until the pastry is golden brown.