Oomph Garlic and Thyme Soy Strips
Vegetables (Carrots, Leeks, Onions, Turnips, or other)
Coleman’s Beef Casserole Mix
100g Self-Rising Flour
- Heat the oil and garlic in a pan. Cook until fragrant before adding the Oomph soy strips (or other meat alternative) with some seasoning.
- Add chosen vegetables to the pan and cook until soft. I used carrots, leeks, onions and turnips.
- Dice the mushrooms and cook until soft with a little Guinness Sauce.
- Pour into a casserole dish and add the Coleman’s beef casserole mix in enough cold water to just cover the veg. Set aside while you make the dumplings:
- Add flour to a bowl with the butter and rub together with your fingertips to form fine breadcrumbs.
- Add enough water to form a soft dough with the herbs.
- Coat your hands in flour and roll small amounts of the dough into balls.
- Place on top of the casserole and cook in the center of the oven at 180C for 30mins approx. or until the sauce boils and is thickened.