Think there are just no good vegan cheeses?
What makes this vegan mac and cheese so great is the Applewood Smoked Cheese:
It’s ooey, it’s gooey, and best of all, it’s soooo cheesy!
We buy it in four blocks at a time so we don’t run out too quickly.
The other secret ingredients are the Richmond vegan sausages and the THIS ISN’T BACON rashers. Both of these add to the smokey taste of the cheese and make the mac and cheese simply divine!
I also add a little chipotle paste to the cheese sauce to add a little heat, and bacon salt sprinkled on the top to add a little crunch.
Just trust me, it’s the best.
4 vegan Richmond Sausages
Pasta of choice
2 big tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Flour
1/2 pint of Milk
Generous sprinkle of Nutritional Yeast
1 tsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp Chipotle Paste
Salt and Pepper
Block of Applewood Smoked Vegan Cheese
Sprinkle of Bacon Salt (optional)
- Fry the sausages and bacon in a little oil and garlic. Once cooked, cut into small chunks and set aside.
- Put the pasta on to boil according to packet instructions.
- While it’s boiling make the cheese sauce: melt the butter in a small pan. Once it’s melted pour in the milk and add the flour, nutritional yeast and seasoning.
- Whisk continuously until thickened.
- Once thickened, add the soy sauce, chipotle paste and cheese (leaving a little cheese to melt on the top.)
- Drain the pasta and mix into the cheese sauce, adding the sausages and bacon, and making sure everything is coated.
- Transfer it to an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and the bacon salt it using.
- Once melted, serve and enjoy!